“In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God; by him were all things created... .....And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1 Have you ever thought about God being a great story writer? I have had the privilege to film a lot of God Stories here at First Baptist. There have been stories of finding peace in the midst of sadness, like the Velows, who lost their baby girl. There have been stories of victory, like Audra, who found victory over her addictions through the blood of Jesus. Each person’s God story is completely different from the others. And the beauty is that we get to see God at work in every aspect of our lives.
Donald Miller, who wrote the book “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story,” gives a list of reasons why it’s important to share our God stories:
- We realize that we’ve been blessed more than we’d previously thought.
- We get a general sense that somebody is watching over us.
- We realize that the negative turns in our lives eventually turn out okay.
- We also realize that the negative turns have usually produced some kind of blessing, either by shaping our character or by preparing us for an important ministry.
- We begin to understand that our experiences have prepared us for something bigger.
God is writing a great story with your life. Let’s not keep our stories inside of us. Let’s begin to tell them. Let’s share our God stories with the world. Who knows, your God story may change someone’s life. Check out Caitlin’s God Story.
Kenny Barrett - Creative Arts Pastor