Family Ministry at First Baptist Church seeks to encourage, equip and empower families towards extraordinary living. Our goal for 2017 is for families to have one more spiritual conversation than you are currently having each week.
Kids (Birth - 4th Grade)
Resources for Parents of Kids
- Parent Cue App - This helps keep parents on the same page as their Child’s small group leader, by giving the parent all the info that was discussed on Sunday, even giving the Parent questions to discuss, all while reminding the parent that this current time is just a phase, and will soon be passed.
Parent Cue Blog - This blog is a cue. It’s a prompt. Because really, we know you’re already incredibly busy doing all the things you should do to invest in your kids and to help them on their way to adulthood—and hopefully out of your house.
Just a Phase Blog - This website is one that helps parents keep perspective bye reminding them that it is just a short phase and providing them with tools, to make the most out of each phase.
Bible App for Kids - Bible AppThis app has an option to help you establish and maintain daily devotions with your child.
YouVersion Bible App - This app has an option to help you establish and maintain daily devotions with your child.
- Parenting is Wonderful by Sue Miller
Jr. High & High School
Books for Parents of Students
- Almost Christian: What the Faith of our Teenagers is Telling the American Church - Kenda Creasy Dean
- Hurt 2.0: Inside the World of Today's Teenagers - Chap Clark
- 52 Ways to Connect with Your Smartphone Obsessed Kid: How to Engage with Kids who Can't Seem to Pry Their Eyes from Their Devices! - Jonathan McKee
- Get Your Teenager Talking: Everything You Need to Spark Meaningful Conversations - Jonathan McKee
Devotionals/Resources for Students
- The Simple Truth Bible
- Teen Life Application Study Bible (NLT)
- ESV Student Study Bible
- Guy’s Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket
- The Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide for Teenagers
- Enjoy the Silence
- Sex Matters
- Radical, Platt
- Crazy Love, Chan
- Love Does, Goff
- Reason for God, Keller (High School level)
- Making Sense of God, Keller (High School level)
- Case for Faith, Strobel (High School level)
By Topic/Stage of Life
Sex, Love & Relationships
- The Student Outreach Blog
- How to talk to your kids about sex (with as little awkwardness as possible)
- More Than Just the Talk, McKee
- Captivating, Eldridge
- Mingling of Souls, Chandler